Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:35:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Raymond A. Wiker" <rwiker@c2i.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, "Raymond A. Wiker" <rwiker@c2i.net>
Subject:   Re: Linux mmap(... MAP_ANON ... fd ...) fix for review

Marcel Moolenaar writes:
 > Martin Cracauer wrote:
 >
 > > I propose the following fix, which makes Xanalys (ex-Harlequin)
 > > Lispworks work. [Raymond, could you please verify that?]
 >
 > Looks good. Go ahead.

	Sorry I'm a bit late with this; I had some trouble installing
a Motif library (required for LispWorks). I eventually succeded with
the rpm command line

rpm -i ~raw/openmotif-2.1.30-1_ICS.i386.rpm --dbpath /usr/compat/linux/var/db --nodeps --ignoreos --prefix /usr/compat/linux/

	I assume that there is a better way of doing this :-)

	rpm is /usr/local/bin/rpm, BTW. I also had to move
libXm.so.2.1 from /usr/compat/linux/lib to /usr/compat/linux/X11R6/lib
(possibly not strictly necessary), and create a symlink to
./libXm.so.2.

	With this in place, LispWorks starts and seems to work. Thanks
to you both!

	//Raymond.