Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:04:13 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org>
To:        andy@cgu.chel.su
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: doc/ tree tagging

This is my personal opinion, not a committer of Japanese Manpage
Translation Project...

At 22 Mar 2000 18:06:41 GMT,
Andrey Zakhvatov <andy@cgu.chel.su> wrote:
>   Totally agreed. Branching is good for man pages, but for articles/books it
> looks strange (better to use paragraphs about different OS versions).
>   And what to do with man pages?
>   What about:
>   1) Create subtree exclusively for man pages (partially already
>      there - share/man), a-la doc/ tree (i.e. with different languages in mind).
>   2) Move all man pages from utilities sources to this directory and track them
>      here.

Ideally, translated man pages are good candidate for branching.  But
(as usually :-)) we cannot catch up multiple branches due to lack of
translator (and reviewer).

So if you are planning to translate manpages, please go for it with
HEAD branch and think branching if you can handle both. :-)

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project