Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:22:50 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@opsec.eu>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with porting Python libraries

Hi!

> I've got a system where I had to install a few Python libraries with pip,
> but I don't like this, since pkg info will not list them.
>
> Thus I'm trying to port them, but I never ported Python libraries before;
> so, before I submit my work, I thought I'd ask if someone more
> experienced than me might have a look at it.

> My first attempt was at IMAPClient: I copied another port (net/py-GeoIP2)
> and modified it; this is the Makefile I came up with.
[...]

Thanks. If you test it with portlint -AC and re-arrange a few
lines, portlint will report 'looks fine.' A testbuild with poudriere
worked fine.

USES before the rest of the lines, and it's silent:

USES=           python
USE_GITHUB=     yes
USE_PYTHON=     autoplist distutils
GH_ACCOUNT=     mjs