Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2003 18:23:26 +0200
From:      Lauri Watts <lauri@kde.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Segment faults in KDE

--Boundary-02=_CGh4+L4FSkoTZ+G

On Saturday 07 June 2003 18.14, Lord Raiden wrote:
> Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.  Only difference is when I look at the
> debug information I get the following:
>
> #0  0x28ecb644 in __sys_poll () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
> #1  0x28ecab90 in _thread_kern_sched_state_unlock () from
> /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
> #2  0x28eca555 in _thread_kern_scheduler () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
> #3  0x0 in ?? ()

The base gdb in -STABLE doesn't handle KDE's threaded applications very wel=
l. =20
Virtually every backtrace will say the above (which is totally irrelevant t=
o=20
the crash.)

> Not sure if it's the same error you are getting, but I would be curious
> to find out what's causing this for me as well.  It's not a huge issue,
> but it is very annoying.
>
> > 	Ok, you can scratch my other issue.  I got that fixed.  Had to
> > totally rebuild my XF86Config file and all was happy in X land.
> >
> > 	However, I'm back to my original problem.  I'm getting segment
> > faults closing out of any app on my desktop.  KDE also crashes when I'm
> > logging out.  I get core dumps a lot.  Any suggestions on why this is
> > would be greatly welcomed.  Thanks.

Most likely, you have an NVidia card, are using the NVidia drivers, and hav=
e=20
Qt compiled with OpenGL enabled. Recompile it with WITHOUT_OPENGL set.

Regards,
=2D-=20
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/