Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 02:21:56 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Philippe SCHACK <phschack@inba.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp timeout problems

> Hi,
>
> I have a FreeBSD 2.1.7.1-RELEASE with an IIJ ppp server, the timeout is
> about 2400 seconds and the connexion cut off after 2 minutes if there is
> not trafic on the line.
>
> I have tried 1200 seconds and had the sames results.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank's

Strange.  Is this an LCP problem maybe ?

I'd suggest getting the latest ppp from http://www.freebsd.org/~brian
(if you need a 2.1.7.1 binary, I can now supply that (I havn't tested
it on 2.1.7 yet though), but it's easier for me if you build the
binary yourself).  If you still have problems (after reading the
docs), drop me a line.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;