Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:06:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Christian Williams <chris@pagan.tzo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   a little help from my friends?

<REPOST FOR CORRECTIONS>

Ok people, ive got a serious problem here.

I have a FreeBSD 3.2 box here setup as a gateway for a small LAN.

The internal network addresses are 10.0.0.x with a mask of 255.0.0.0

I have a external interface on this box as well with an outside address
of: x.x.x.x

I have a custom kernel compiled with the two required variables to run
natd.

I have a natd.startup script that runs on boot that enters all of the
required network configuration in and calls natd with the -f
/etc/natd.conf statement.  Within the natd.conf file are a the natd flags
I need for my network here, as well as some other commands.

 --natd.startup--

 firewall_type="open"
 firewall_enable="YES"

 ifconfig tx0 x.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.0

 route add default x.x.x.x

 if config de0 10.0.0.4 netmask 255.0.0.0

 sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

 natd -f /etc/natd.conf &

 /sbin/ipfw -f flush
 /sbin/ipfw add 100 divert natd all from any to any via tx0
 /sbin/ipfw add 64999 pass all from any to any via lo0
 /sbin/ipfw add 65000 pass all from any to any

 --end natd.startup--

 --natd.conf--

 interface tx0
 same ports yes
 redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.6:8383 8383
 redirect_port upd 10.0.0.6:8383 8383
 redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.6:80 80
 redirect_port udp 10.0.0.6:80 80
 redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.6:110 110
 redirect_port udp 10.0.0.6:110 110
 redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.6:143 143
 redirect_port udp 10.0.0.6:143 143
 redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.6:25 25
 redirect_port upd 10.0.0.6:25 25

 --end natd.conf--

None of my redirects are working!  Where have I gone wrong?

 Please Help!  I've read the Complete FreeBSD on this, all man pages, and
 scoured the newsgroups!

 TIA!

 Christian