Date:      Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:46:36 +0100
From:      "Norman Gray" <norman.gray@glasgow.ac.uk>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Documentation and debugging for NFSv4

Thomas, hello.

On 1 Jun 2020, at 8:31, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> One question has bugged me, how to set up /etc/exports to be able to
> export by either NFSv3 or NFSv4, without having to have two files and
> copy to /etc/exports every time you want to use the other (NFSv3 or 4)
> protocol.

It should be that if you include

     V4: /

in the /etc/exports, setting the NFS-root, then the same paths will be
accessible via both v3 and v4.  I recall this did work for me, though in
my case I'm committing to NFSv4 only, so have set a NFS-root different
from /.

In the case of 'V4: /foo', then the directory /foo/bar will be
accessible as that via NFSv3 and as /bar via NFSv4.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/it/