Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:44:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wes Side Story <wdorale@rs1.mtmc.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server PPP not disconecting properly

I've got user mode PPP running with the -dedicated switch and it seems
that all the setting as far as routes, proxy arp, and ip addresses are ok
on my FreeBSD machine and the Win95 manchine.  I can dial in to the
FreeBSD machine using Dial-Up networking on the Win95 machine and
establish a PPP conection.  The Win95 machine is able to then access our
network, send mail, browse the web, etc...
The problem is that once I disconnect the Win95 machine all subsequent
attempt to connect fail.  This requires to reboot the FreeBSB machine and
restart PPP.  Does this have something to do with having to remove the
route so it can be reassigned?  I'm using static addresses...
If you have any idea's and need the details of my setup I'll post them if
need be(I'm not realy sure what might be relevent).
Thanks for you're help

Wes R. Dorale
Network Administrator
Mount Marty College