Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:09:10 +0100
From:      "cameron grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NS 5530 audio supported?

> However, if it turns out that driver support will have
> to be written, I might try to do that myself.  Would
> you please tell me where I can get the datasheet for
> that chip?  Thanks a bunch!

www.natsemi.com, search for '5530'.

if you need a hand writing the driver i'll do my best to help, however i
suspect being able to make it work will depend greatly on the bios as this
thing generates smi's, not normal irqs.  the bios smi handler then generates
an irq.

it does have all the support necessary to emulate a sb16, the question is
simply whether the board's bios implements it.

    -cg