Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:53:35 -0700
From:      "Jeff Kelley, DDS" <jakelleydds@sbcglobal.net>
To:        "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gum Disease

Greetings from Jeff Kelley, DDS!

Gum Disease

The American Dental Association says that over 75-80% of all adults hav=
e or will have some form of gum disease=2E

Gum disease, more correctly called "periodontal disease," is a bacteria=
l infection in the gums and supporting structures of the teeth=2E It ca=
n be divided into several categories=2E

The first stage is called "gingivitis" and is characterized by gum tiss=
ue that is red, puffy, and bleeds easily when touched with a toothbrush=
, floss or dental instrument=2E

The second, third, and fourth stages are initial, moderate, and advance=
d "periodontal disease," respectively=2E These stages are different fro=
m gingivitis because the infection has destroyed the bone supporting th=
e teeth, causing eventual tooth loss=2E The treatment is more involved =
at these stages, usually consisting of a special cleaning with anesthes=
ia and sometimes gum surgery=2E

If you have questions regarding gum disease, please call our office at =
(817)877-1651 or email us at jakelleydds@sbcglobal=2Enet today=2E

Best Regards,
Jeff Kelley, DDS

P=2ES=2E If you have any friends or family members who you feel could u=
se our services, please don't hesitate to have them call us=2E We'll be=
 sure to take good care of them=2E