Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 21:14:29 -0700
From:      "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@plambert.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd and two _external_ interfaces...

I'm trying to run vmware on a box with two ethernet cards.  Because
the vmware port is not quite complete, i.e. it provides a 'fake' interface
without any real bridging, I'm forced to use natd.

I've got a box with 4.x-CURRENT, updated 1-2 weeks ago, and three interfaces
total:

de0
de1
vmnet1

I'd like to have one of two situations:

1) preferrable:  all traffic from vmnet1 gets NAT-translated to either the
de0 address or de1 address depending on its destination and the normal
routing tables...

2) acceptable: all traffic from vmnet1 gets NAT-translated to the de1
address and goes out through that interface.

I'm really not sure how to do this.  Essentially, I'd like to have a nice,
friendly, happy way to get this vmware box on the network, and I can't
quite get it to work.

--plambert

--
I hate bombs, terrorism, fear, plans, future and past injustices, manifestos,
popular sentiment, ignition, timetables, meetings, and poorly adjusted