Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 10:17:50 -0700
From:      Fred Condo <fcondo@csuchico.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Convincing Giflib to Compile for KDE

> I've been trying to get KDE 1.1 working out of the ports collection, but it
> always halts on the Giflib-3.0 dependency.  It seems to be looking Xlib.h.

You need the X sources. When this same problem happened to me, I went
into /stand/sysinstall, and installed the full X distribution (in the
"post-install configuration"). Choose "Install additional distribution
sets".

--
Fred Condo + fcondo@csuchico.edu + http://webclass.csuchico.edu/
fredcondo@acm.org                +      fredcondo on Yahoo Pager