Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, sdehaan@caiw.nl, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing lib crypt in pam_unix.so ?

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Mark Murray wrote:

> > I looks like a bug to me.  But it shouldn't show up for login, because
> > the program itself loads libcrypt.  Are you using the pam_unix module
> > with some other program?
>
> XFree86 3.3.5 uses PAM. I'm checking this out...

	I've also noticed that logging in with xdm bypasses the
/etc/login.conf stuff, or at least it seems to since xdm is blatting the
PATH I have set up in login.conf. I haven't had time to go deeper than
that, but if you are looking at it anyway this may be related.

	Of course my "solution" was to add a PATH statement to my
.xsession...

HTH,

Doug
--