Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 13:08:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte.lance@gmx.net>
To:        ldillon@no_fine_Hormel_products.cu.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBsd tar'ed & gziped

Larry Dillon writes:
 > Is it possible to get a tar'ed & gziped version of of FreeBSD?  I looked
 > all through the FTP directories that the "How to obtain FreeBSD" link
 > pointed to, to no avail.  (Even though I'm connecting through a dual
 > T-1,) it seems like a waste of bandwidth and time to download the whole
 > thing with mget or somesuch.

use the "get" command in ftp on the directory containing your files
and append ".tar" or ".tar.gz" or ".tgz" or ".gz"
Most ftp-server support on-the-fly-compression/tar-ing.

 > Please email replies to : ldillon@no_fine_Hormel_products.cu.net

Brb ...	PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAIL AS COMMING FROM ROOT@127.0.0.1 !!!
More: use a "reply-to"-header !!! I do so ... why don't you ???
Since you are an Webmaster i assume you are somewhat familiar with
basic network-knowledge and NETIQUETTE.

Malte.