Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:21:28 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Jeff Sapp" <jasapp@pelennor.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: rebuilding a compaq smart array

Jeff,

	That should have come with your machine.  If not, call your salesperson
and have them send you what they left out of the box (I've had this happen
before on machines that I've gotten from a Compaq reseller).

	Rebuilding it from FreeBSD?  Not that I know of.  The controller should
perform an automatic rebuild once a replacement drive is inserted into the
array.  Might want to check the settings on the controller configuration to
see if this option has been disabled by accident.

	My ProLiant 1500 with the Smart2/P controller rebuilds on the fly, no
matter what OS that I'm using.

--- andy