Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:03:34 -0500
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE & NAT questions

Pardon the ugly email. I've booted windows to ask this:

    I've set up DSL on my FreeBSD box, and have two network cards in it,
one attached to the external DSL modem brought up with ifconfig dc0 inet
0.0.0.0 arp, and the other on my internal network 192.x.x.x address.
From another machine, I can ping both the internal card, and the ip of
the modem when it's connected, but for the life of me, I can't ping
anything OUTSIDE of the modem from anything but the firewall both
itself, from which everything appears to be working just dandy. To
eleminate any possible errors on my firewall, I've set that to open, I
have all the proper options set in the kernel config, and have tried
everything I can think of. Can anyone offer me a suggestion as to what I
might need to do to fix this? (oops, running 4.0 release btw, straight
off the cd). I can provide more info if needed.