Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:25:10 +1100
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon DRIVER
References:  <20090305161651.GB1369@lobo.ewinter.org>	 <1236275215.1384.50.camel@widget.2hip.net>	 <20090305180523.GA2039@lobo.ewinter.org>	 <20090306133119.1af6894c@ernst.jennejohn.org>	 <1236363408.55221.16.camel@balrog.2hip.net>	 <20090306203055.582faa02@ernst.jennejohn.org>	 <1236371734.1671.5.camel@balrog.2hip.net>	<49B3D755.2050308@phat.za.net>	 <1236536316.1778.22.camel@balrog.2hip.net>	<49B42548.3000308@phat.za.net>	 <49B57ACD.5030405@phat.za.net> <1236634490.1730.5.camel@balrog.2hip.net>	 <49B60C3F.9090104@mailinglist.ahhyes.net> <1236668133.1730.21.camel@balrog.2hip.net>

Hi Robert,

The patch does not cleanly apply to 7-stable (I ran csup against my
system about a minute or 2 before, so my system sources should be up to
date)

[alex@desktop /usr/home/alex]$ uname -a
FreeBSD desktop.xor.net 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #4: Mon Feb 23
18:24:52 EST 2009     root@desktop.xor.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/custom
amd64

patch copied to /usr/src/sys

command issued was: patch -p0 < drm-7-synced-to-HEAD-030909.patch

A lot of the patch succeeds then suddenly i am prompted about patching
certain files, heres what happens:

[root@desktop /usr/src/sys]# patch -p0 <drm-7-synced-to-HEAD-030909.patch
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------

|___________________________________________________________________
|Modified: svn:mergeinfo
|   Merged
/head/sys:r189045-189054,189099,189128,189130,189499,189557-189563

conf/files
|===================================================================

|--- conf/files (revision
189566)
|+++ conf/files (working
copy)
--------------------------

Patching file conf/files using Plan
A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at
593.
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...
The text leading up to this
was:
--------------------------

modules/drm/radeon/Makefile
|===================================================================

|--- modules/drm/radeon/Makefile        (revision
189566)
|+++ modules/drm/radeon/Makefile        (working
copy)
--------------------------

Patching file modules/drm/radeon/Makefile using Plan
A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at
2.
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...
The text leading up to this
was:
--------------------------

dev/drm/drm_bufs.c
|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/drm_bufs.c (revision
189566)
|+++ dev/drm/drm_bufs.c (working
copy)
--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/drm_bufs.c using Plan
A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at
880.
Hunk #2 succeeded at
1052.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/drm_scatter.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/drm_scatter.c      (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/drm_scatter.c      (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/drm_scatter.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
92.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
102.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/sis_drv.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/sis_drv.c  (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/sis_drv.c  (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/sis_drv.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
60.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/tdfx_drv.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/tdfx_drv.c (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/tdfx_drv.c (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/tdfx_drv.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
62.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/savage_drv.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/savage_drv.c       (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/savage_drv.c       (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/savage_drv.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
66.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/radeon_cp.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/radeon_cp.c        (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/radeon_cp.c        (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/radeon_cp.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
1.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
33.

Hunk #3 succeeded at
144.

Hunk #4 succeeded at
186.

Hunk #5 succeeded at
260.

Hunk #6 succeeded at
296.

Hunk #7 succeeded at
364.

Hunk #8 succeeded at
393.

Hunk #9 succeeded at
404.

Hunk #10 succeeded at
426.

Hunk #11 succeeded at
461.

Hunk #12 succeeded at
516.

Hunk #13 succeeded at
642.

Hunk #14 succeeded at
699.

Hunk #15 succeeded at
751.

Hunk #16 succeeded at
771.

Hunk #17 succeeded at
782.

Hunk #18 succeeded at
817.

Hunk #19 succeeded at
849.

Hunk #20 succeeded at
863.

Hunk #21 succeeded at
895.

Hunk #22 succeeded at
909.

Hunk #23 succeeded at
919.

Hunk #24 succeeded at
927.

Hunk #25 succeeded at
1044.

Hunk #26 succeeded at
1080.

Hunk #27 succeeded at
1134.

Hunk #28 succeeded at
1161.

Hunk #29 succeeded at
1219.

Hunk #30 succeeded at
1291.

Hunk #31 succeeded at
1304.

Hunk #32 succeeded at
1405.

Hunk #33 succeeded at
1416.

Hunk #34 succeeded at
1460.

Hunk #35 succeeded at
1533.

Hunk #36 succeeded at
1560.

Hunk #37 succeeded at
1583.

Hunk #38 succeeded at
1595.

Hunk #39 succeeded at
1607.

Hunk #40 succeeded at
1637.

Hunk #41 succeeded at
1671.

Hunk #42 succeeded at
1683.

Hunk #43 succeeded at
1705.

Hunk #44 succeeded at
1760.

Hunk #45 succeeded at
1781.

Hunk #46 succeeded at
1799.

Hunk #47 succeeded at
1878.

Hunk #48 succeeded at
1912.

Hunk #49 succeeded at
2082.

Hunk #50 succeeded at
2089.

Hunk #51 succeeded at
2117.

Hunk #52 succeeded at
2132.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/drm_lock.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/drm_lock.c (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/drm_lock.c (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/drm_lock.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
115.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/mach64_irq.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/mach64_irq.c       (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/mach64_irq.c       (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/mach64_irq.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
146.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/drm_irq.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/drm_irq.c  (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/drm_irq.c  (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/drm_irq.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
36.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
96.

Hunk #3 succeeded at
172.

Hunk #4 succeeded at
189.

Hunk #5 succeeded at
211.

Hunk #6 succeeded at
283.

Hunk #7 succeeded at
306.

Hunk #8 succeeded at
369.

Hunk #9 succeeded at
390.

Hunk #10 succeeded at
432.

Hunk #11 succeeded at
453.

Hunk #12 succeeded at
500.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/i915_irq.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/i915_irq.c (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/i915_irq.c (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/i915_irq.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
36.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
67.

Hunk #3 succeeded at
77.

Hunk #4 succeeded at
133.

Hunk #5 succeeded at
170.

Hunk #6 succeeded at
254.

Hunk #7 succeeded at
328.

Hunk #8 succeeded at
341.

Hunk #9 succeeded at
361.

Hunk #10 succeeded at
374.

Hunk #11 succeeded at
449.

Hunk #12 succeeded at
474.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/r128_drv.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/r128_drv.c (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/r128_drv.c (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/r128_drv.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
52.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
76.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/i915_dma.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/i915_dma.c (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/i915_dma.c (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/i915_dma.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
58.

Hunk #2 succeeded at
75.

Hunk #3 succeeded at
133.

Hunk #4 succeeded at
150.

Hunk #5 succeeded at
173.

Hunk #6 succeeded at
201.

Hunk #7 succeeded at
243.

Hunk #8 succeeded at
259.

Hunk #9 succeeded at
434.

Hunk #10 succeeded at
482.

Hunk #11 succeeded at
511.

Hunk #12 succeeded at
521.

Hunk #13 succeeded at
614.

Hunk #14 succeeded at
625.

Hunk #15 succeeded at
664.

Hunk #16 succeeded at
798.

Hunk #17 succeeded at
811.

Hunk #18 succeeded at
834.

Hunk #19 succeeded at
842.

Hunk #20 succeeded at
867.

Hunk #21 succeeded at
916.

Hunk #22 succeeded at
949.

Hunk #23 succeeded at
994.

Hunk #24 succeeded at
1032.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/r128_drv.h

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/r128_drv.h (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/r128_drv.h (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/r128_drv.h using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
162.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/mga_drv.c

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/mga_drv.c  (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/mga_drv.c  (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/mga_drv.c using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
120.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this
was:

--------------------------

dev/drm/drm_pciids.h

|===================================================================

|--- dev/drm/drm_pciids.h       (revision
189566)

|+++ dev/drm/drm_pciids.h       (working
copy)

--------------------------

Patching file dev/drm/drm_pciids.h using Plan
A...

Hunk #1 succeeded at
240.

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to
me...

The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: dev/drm/radeon_drv.c
|===================================================================
|--- dev/drm/radeon_drv.c       (revision 189566)
|+++ dev/drm/radeon_drv.c       (working copy)
--------------------------
Patching file dev/drm/radeon_drv.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 80.
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: dev/drm/radeon_drv.h
|===================================================================
|--- dev/drm/radeon_drv.h       (revision 189566)
|+++ dev/drm/radeon_drv.h       (working copy)
--------------------------
Patching file dev/drm/radeon_drv.h using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 41.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 103.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 129.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 138.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 174.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 184.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 231.
Hunk #8 succeeded at 255.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 297.
Hunk #10 succeeded at 321.
Hunk #11 succeeded at 365.
Hunk #12 succeeded at 397.
Hunk #13 succeeded at 408.
Hunk #14 succeeded at 419.
Hunk #15 succeeded at 434.
Hunk #16 succeeded at 460.
Hunk #17 succeeded at 486.
Hunk #18 succeeded at 512.
Hunk #19 succeeded at 530.
Hunk #20 succeeded at 610.
Hunk #21 succeeded at 743.
Hunk #22 succeeded at 777.
Hunk #23 succeeded at 851.
Hunk #24 succeeded at 863.
Hunk #25 succeeded at 1039.
Hunk #26 succeeded at 1079.
Hunk #27 succeeded at 1101.
Hunk #28 succeeded at 1272.
Hunk #29 succeeded at 1307.
Hunk #30 succeeded at 1732.
Hunk #31 succeeded at 1744.
Hunk #32 succeeded at 1851.
Hunk #33 succeeded at 1905.
Hunk #34 succeeded at 1934.
Hunk #35 succeeded at 1984.
Hunk #36 succeeded at 2009.
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
|Index: dev/drm/i915_reg.h
|--- dev/drm/i915_reg.h (revision 189566)
|+++ dev/drm/i915_reg.h (working copy)
File to patch: