Date:      24 Jun 1999 15:31:26 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Doug@gorean.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ATA stuff, questions and comment

"Brian F. Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org> writes:
> I didn't mean that mode 2 was special, but Ultra DMA mode 2 in its entirety being
> very nice :) The old driver never did any form of DMA for me, much less UDMA, so
> I'm very glad to have the ATA drivers.

controller wdc0 at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14 flags 0xa0ffa0ff

Will enable DMA mode with the old driver. It doesn't support UDMA on
all chipsets (e.g. ALI), and in some cases may give very poor
performance when using UDMA disks, but normal DMA mode should work. If
you have UDMA disks but can't get UDMA to work, just disable UDMA in
the BIOS setup utility and it will use normal DMA instead.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no