Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:28:05 GMT
From:      "Dead Line" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solutions please :/ before i become crosseyes.

Hello all,

   I installed FreeBSD 3.2-Release, it worked, and I can see the
   command prompt Also I configure the X window.
   ( When I type startx it will work fine. )

   I  have some questions I hope please somebody to answer,

1-
   During the installation I can see an error massage
   (when I press ALT+F2) says,

   “/usr/local/lib No such file or directory”
   “/usr/local/lib/aout No Such file or directory”

Why is this error massage!   I even did not touch anything, I’m following
what the Book says “The Complete FreeBSD 3rd edition by GregLehey” , i tried
to solve it by,
A-
After the installation finished I created a directory #mkdir aout
in /usr/local/lib/
I don’t know what I did is right or wrong, but im creating the directory
after the installation is finished!, how I could solve this problem? Before
the installation? And what that directory will do ?

2- I installed the Netscape and some other things from the port
    collection, when I type # Netscape  in one of the Term windows
    in X window, it will give me an error massage says
    “Couldn’t pen /usr/libexec/ld.so”   !
    I again, did not do anything, but adding the Netscape package!
    How I can Solve this please and run the Netscape ?

  3- when I do # startx  it will go X window but I can see nothing but
     3 term windows! Is that how FreeBSD windows will look ? normally?
     Or I have something not working?
     I installed some of KDE desktop stuff, but I still can see
     nothing but these 3 term Windows, what I shall do please!

   Note : im doing all this installation from the FreeBSD CD's

   Sorry for this long email, and for my bad English,
   But i really become a crosseyes after i repeated this installation
   thousand times!

   Thanks for the support.
   -Marwan.