Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:48:21 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Slivko" <js43064n@stmail.pace.edu>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.5 vs. 4.0

And what are the new features in that release that I should be waiting for that are not present in FreeBSD 3.5 or 4.0? Also, do you know where I can get the -STABLE tree for 3.5? I wanna update my systems to it. I will not run anything on my production machines that is not -STABLE if there is a -STABLE tree available. Thanks. If someone could send me a cvsup file with all the required information, I would be most appreciative.

From: "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

>On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Jonathan Slivko wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here have any comments regarding the stability and out of the box bugginess of FreeBSD 4.0 as opposed to  FreeBSD 3.5? I would like to point out that the machine is a P133 with 32MB of RAM and 128 swap space. This machine will be primarily used as a webserver for a small to medium-sized ISP. Thanks in advance for all your input. Thanks.
>>

>Wait a few days for 4.1-RELEASE...it should be quite good.
>
>-----
>Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org

Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@stmail.pace.edu>
President, Technical Support, Simple Hosting Solutions
Founder/Network Administrator: JMS Internet Services
Pager #: (917) 388-5304 (24 Hours/Day)

"The comments I make are my own, not those of my employer!"