Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 02:26:47 -0700
From:      rossghanim@urs2.net (Ross Ghanim)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help

I installed freebsd.  It went ok.  I did not install xf86 like the book
suggested.  Now I went to chapter 7 and want to install ports but could
not make it work (make was asking to fitch some files) I installed all
the ports cd /usr then tar xzvf /cdrom/ports/ports.tgz.  I could make
readmes. When I wanted to make ports using make and make install.
2- When trying to add package emacs-20.tgz it said unable to open table
of contents.
3- when I went to chapter 7 no luck at all.  First there is no dists on
the disk there is /cdrom/xf86332/servers and when I ran it it said wrong
zip format.
4-when doing mformat A: it said not files.
I really like to get help and add me to your list.  But please let me
know what is going on.  Please

Thank you
Ross Ghanim
email: rossghanim@urs2.net