Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:55:30 +0100
From:      "Olivier GARNIER" <oli.garnier@free.fr>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Install problems on Dell Vostro

Hi,

I tried with FreeBSD and FreeSBIE when I received my vostro 1700 (on
septembre), and the network wasn't working well. Network, Some Xorg problems
and so on ...
So I installed Ubuntu 7.04 witch was the less worth (network/video worked
with some adaptations). Now I've got an Ubuntu 7.10 witch is working well.

If you make FreeBSD work on Vostro I'm interested.

Olivier.

On 10/11/2007, at 1:57 PM, McCy Ron wrote:

> I was able to get 6.2 to install on a Vostro with stock BIOS
> settings but couldn't get the system to recognize the network card.
> network.  Just for reference - Knoppix, Ubuntu, FreesBie live CDs,
> and a straight install of Ubuntu 7.04 didn't work either. There is
> something strange about this computer.....Windows XP, ofcourse, works.

So solution is to stick another network card in it?

Has anyone had this onboard card work?