Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:37:15 +0100
From:      Patrik Sundberg <ps@radiac.mine.nu>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: valgrind

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:00:14AM -0500, Matthew Emmerton wrote:
>=20
> I'm working on porting this right now.

great news! what is the current status and have you set up a website
for the project or will it be a "simple" portsentry with some patches? (I
thought it would require some more rewriting than a usual port+patches, but=
could be wrong, haven't looked at the code yet).

> Be forewarned, though, that the FreeBSD hacks for this tool will
> *never* be allowed into the main distro.  Why?  Licence.  Valgrind
> includes some code from the Linux kernel and libc.  When we hack it for
> FreeBSD, we'll end up putting some BSD-licenced code into a GPL
> product.  Obviously, this will cause problems.

as long as it can exist in the ports-collection I will be more than pleased.

--=20
Patrik Sundberg    Address: Rydsv=E4gen 100C, 584 31 Link=F6ping, Sweden   =

                   Email:   ps@raditex.se || ps@radiac.mine.nu             |
                   Phone:   +46 13 178567 || +46 707 602240                |
=2E---> Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering student                 =

|-----> Master of Science in Business Administration and Economics student |
|-------> UNIX/Programming consultant                                      |