Date:      2 Mar 1999 15:27:29 +1100
From:      "John Saunders" <john.saunders@nlc.net.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.1 Release splash image

Robert N Watson wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, John Baldwin wrote:
>>
>> I've already started an effort: check out http://www.baldwin.cx/splash/
>>
>> There's much room for improvement, so please give me some feedback.

> The only sad thing is that the version number is stamped into a lot of
> these images.  I'd like a scalable image with no version number
> requirement :-).  Or at least, I run 4.0 on my development machines and
> would like a splash screen for them (especially since they are notebooks
> and I tend to tote them around and show them to people).

I have a version neutral splash screen at:
	http://www.nlc.net.au/~john/splash.bmp
It's nothing flash but does the job.

Cheers.
        .     | John Saunders  - mailto:john@nlc.net.au            (EMail) |
    ,--_|\    |                - http://www.nlc.net.au/              (WWW) |
   /  Oz  \   |                - 02-9489-4932 or 04-1822-3814      (Phone) |
   \_,--\_/   | NORTHLINK COMMUNICATIONS P/L - Supplying a professional,   |
         v    | and above all friendly, internet connection service.       |