Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 09:58:04 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Chris Staskewicz <cjs@math.utah.edu>
Cc:        Igor Kulemzin <ivk@kristal.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: no fix for digital camera i/o error

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:28:18PM -0600, Chris Staskewicz wrote:
> This has fixed the I/O error.
>
> I updated all the source using CVSup, however, I only rebuilt: config,
> mount, and mount_msdos.  The 4.6 source now identifies OLYMPUS, however,
> 'mount /dev/da0 /camera' gives: Incorrect Super Block and 'mount_msdos
> /dev/da0 /camera' gives: Invalid Arguement.  I read the man pages for
> mount_msdos, and this looks like the correct syntax.
>
> Do you think it's a bad idea not to do 'make world' when updating the OS?

Probably... I guess it would depend on how old your system is compared to
the sources you're building from.  In any case, mount_msdos uses code in
the kernel or msdos filesystem module to do all the real work, so just
rebuilding the userland mount programs might not have the desired effect.
I'd recommend building & installing a whole new world.

Have you tried mounting /dev/da0a or /dev/da0s1a?  Maybe the card actually
has a partition table on it.  I guess you could try 'fdisk da0' and see if
that provides any useful information... Disclaimer: I've never used a umass
device myself, so try all that using a card without valuable pictures on it
:-)

Cheers,

	Scott