Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 02:24:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>
To:        garycorc@mail.idt.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motorola SLN3032A/HAYES Compat settings.

> Eric A. Griff wrote:
> >
> > I hope this isn't off topic.
> >         I am in an area where there is no local ISP. I have a cellular phone,
> > and just purchased a Motorola SLN3032A dialtone generator. It seems to work
> > . My celphone is local to anywhere in the areacode at a mere 2 cents a
> > minute -vs- $.18 per minute.
>
> That's an incredible rate - where do you live, and who's your cellular
> provider?  It's $0.39/minute here *with* a (former) employee discount!

Oneida, NY.  Frontier Cellular.  Actually it turns out 4 cents a minute. That is for a local landline surcharge from the local telephone co (NYNEX).
   The plan is the maximizer plan. Primetime $.30/minute (7am-7pm weekdays),
and free non-primetime (7pm-7am weekdays, all weekend, and certain holidays), and always the nynex charge. Cellular One, the other local carrier has an identical plan.

> >         The second is power life. I will probably have to hack a dead
> > battery pak to a power supply.
>
> Why don't you get a car power cord for your cell phone, then instead
> of plugging it into a cigarette lighter outlet, hook it up to a 12V
> power supply?  You can get a compatible (cigarette lighter type)
> socket at Radio Shack with wires on it to hook up to the power supply.
>
> Gary

  The SLN3032A plugs into where the cig lighter jack plugs into. However, I lucked out. The tech at frontier had an older lighter plug that snapped on in place of the battery pack on the microtac cel phone. He gave it to me.

						Eric