Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:02:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Gordon Wang <guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: space manegement

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Gordon Wang wrote:

> Dear Sir
> I am a FreeBSD 2.2.1 user.
> My /root space is 32M.
> What should I do  if I want to make 1t 64M.
> Please help me
I presume you don't want to re-install..
you need to find the extra space somewhere..
which means you should shrink another partition somewhere.

you will need to back it up and take all the files of it before destroying
it and  re-making it smaller.
You can then use the extra room to make a new 64MB partition.
which you can then make the new root.
Alternatively, if you need / to be larger for /tmp,
then just make a new /tmp

you don't say exactly what your layout is or why you want to make it
bigger.

julian