Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:25:21 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        FreeBSD AMD list <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fbsd 6-stable i386 in server amd64

--Apple-Mail-8-512895050
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Sep 25, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Roberto Lima wrote:

> I have an server dual opteron dual core, with 4gb ram but freebsd
> 6.1-stable i386..
> My system ignores 4gb ram, and shows only 3.3gb.

your bios is stealing some of it. check if it has options to do
"software remap of memory hole" or "hardware remap of memory hole".
Toggle them around until you maximize your available memory.

on a Sun X4100, it has both options. from what I recall we had to use
the hardware remapping to max out the available ram.

--Apple-Mail-8-512895050--