Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 09:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sun Netra serial console --> FreeBSD?

I have a FreeBSD server with a 16-port Digiboard that runs conserver to
provide serial console access to a number of machines.  This happily works
with AIX, HP-UX, and miscellaneous hardware like the Ethernet and KVM
switches.  But when I plug a new Sun Netra into this FreeBSD server, it
doesn't take keyboard input (screen output does appear, tho).  This same
Netra works just fine plugged into a Wyse terminal, and the other machines
work just the same plugged into the Wyse or into my FreeBSD box.  So why
doesn't the Netra take keyboard input when connected to the FreeBSD serial
console?

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com