Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:16:57 +0100
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do we really need articles/cvs-freebsd anymore?

On 2013-02-08 01:13, Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 07:07:58AM +0100, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>> My personal preference is to ensure we have a matching svn replacement
>>> before removing the cvs-freebsd/ bits, so we do not leave people
>>> straggling with converting from one source control system to another,
>>> or worse, newcomers that cannot find any documentation on the current
>>> source control system.
>>
>> Fair enough.  The main point of this article is to help people replicate
>> the CVS setup that FreeBSD uses.  I can work on describing how someone
>> can replicate the subversion setup of FreeBSD, including access-control
>> and email notifications, and _then_ we can de-orbit the article and the
>> cvs-freebsd setup.
>
> Yes, this is what I meant.  Sorry if that was not clear.
>
> I seem to recall an email from Peter a few months ago (likely to -doc@)
> with a rough synopsis of what is needed to seed and run a local svn
> mirror.  I will need to look for the email, but he had a nice outline of
> what should be included, and how to do it.

I got that email already; thanks.  I recently reinstalled my CURRENT
test machine, and mirrored svn/base and svn/doc from scratch, so I can
write that part easily.

The more important bits that I will have to dig out of svnadmin/ is how
to replicate the setup we use for 'admin' stuff, so that people can have
a non-FreeBSD subversino repository that uses all the extra goodies we
have on top of a plain-svn repo.