Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:03:29 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Moving boot drives

Im changing disks in one of my boxes.
Im following a post made by Dean <madscientist@thegrid.net> on
http://www.freebsddiary.org/driveswap.php.
I dont think my problem is with the procedure of moving data from drive
to drive.
When I reboot with the new drive I get "Invalid Partition"
Before I moved the data, I would add the drive to the system (while it
was off of course), enter /stand/sysinstall,
fdisk the drive, set it to be bootable.  Then enter disklabel, create
the partitions, and write the changes to disk.
Is that enough to make a drive to be bootable, or am I missing something.
Thanks

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/