Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:47:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xlockmore buffering considered silly

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Matthew Hunt wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 11:33:33AM +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> >
> > > I use xlockmore on 3.3 fbsd.Trying to unlock from keyboard for first
> > > time lead to invalid login.Trying to unlock with mouse klick works fine.
> > > Trying to unlock from keyboard after Ctrl-U works fine.Subsequent login
> > > tries from keyboard work fine.I guess xlockmore buufer the first sign from
> > > the keyboard and uses it in in password.It will surely not work cause it
> > > is not neccessary that it will coencede with the first sign of my
> > > password.I suggest to move this buffering away.
> >
> > I suggest you read the manual, especially the bit about "-usefirst".
> >
> Surely.I have already done it.Thank you for your suggestion.
> The default is NOT to use usefirst.So I should not add
> -usefirst.But the problem is with app-defaults/Xlock.
> Usefirst was set to ON per default.I have corrected it now.

Workaround: hit Alt or some other key which will wake it up without being
regarded as input, even with -usefirst. Xlock will give you a clean passwd
prompt.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000