Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2018 11:36:02 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   head's /usr/src/UPDATING vs. "LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP, documented in build(7)": not documented yet

Quoting UPDATING for head:

20180818:
        The default interpreter has been switched from 4th to Lua.
        LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP, documented in build(7), will override the =
default
        interpreter.  If you have custom FORTH code you will need to set
        LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP=3D4th (valid values are 4th, lua or simp) =
in
        src.conf for the build. . . .

But when I look at:

=
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dbuild&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D0&=
manpath=3DFreeBSD+12-current&arch=3Ddefault&format=3Dhtml

or the installed build(7) for head -r338319 I do not find any
references to LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP .

Also, from the text:

        If you have custom FORTH code you will need to set
        LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP=3D4th (valid values are 4th, lua or simp) =
in
        src.conf for the build

I would guess that src.conf(5) should also mention LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP
and how it should be used. But I find no references to =
LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP
in:

=
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dsrc.conf&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D=
0&manpath=3DFreeBSD+12-current&arch=3Ddefault&format=3Dhtml

or in what is installed for src.conf(5) for head -r338319 .

I have assumed that my long-in-use amd64 virtual-box context that I run =
and
update FreeBSD in (under macOS) just automatically updated sufficiently =
via
installkernel and installworld after building. (This assumes that all =
the
changes are in the freebsd-ufs partition involved and that the =
freebsd-boot
partition involved need not be updated.)

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went