Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:48:48 PDT
From:      "Cosmic 665" <the_hermit665@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Overclocking

It's awsome to hear all the stories about overclocking...  but how stable is
overclocking "in reality"???   I'm not saying this to be a jerk or anything
but how much work could & should a CPU take at +50-75% it's clocked state
(especially a SMP system)??   How long could you run a CPU overclocked, or
if any of you guys are overclocking what's the longest a system has lasted
(in years or months)???  I got an ASUS P2B 5A and I was thinking about
(Maybe) overclocking the 333Mhz chip...  but then again I can't risk buying
another MB or cpu if I screw up the computer :P

-cosmic-665