Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:05:18 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Frederique Rijsdijk <frederique@isafeelin.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache SSL broken after upgrade to 2.2.13?

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:59:34AM +0200, Frederique Rijsdijk wrote:
> Following todays portaudit advisory, I upgraded Apache on several
> machines. On a machine that's running SSL, things broke after the
> ugprade with the following error:
>=20
> [Wed Aug 26 10:23:39 2009] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no
> certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile]
>=20
> The previous version was 2.2.11_5. Everything worked fine. The hint that
> apache gives is obviously configured in httpd.conf..
>=20
> Rolled back to version 2.2.11_5, all is working again.
>=20
> Did I miss something?

This was reported in Debian, too; it seems to be an upstream change
in Apache.  I don't know what they intend to do about it, but it does
indeed "break" the setups of a lot of people who only put the SSL
certificate, key, and stuff in the virtual hosts that actually
require it.

As a workaround, just put the SSL cert and key directives somewhere
on a global level, outside a vhost, and Apache will start.  Stupid,
I know, but that's how it is for the present :/

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org