Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:00:56 -0400
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD crashable under *very heavy* load?

Hi,

I'm stress testing one of our systems and wondering if it should be possible to crash a rock solid box by putting it under
extreme high load. I mean maximum disk I/O, RAM, CPU, etc... If so, what could cause such a crash? I'm wondering this
because while stress testing last night, I un/mounted /proc several times and after a while the system panicked.
Unfortunately, I couldn't see the whole message on the console as I couldn't scroll up. Was this because I touched
/proc or simply because I did this while machine was in a stressful mode? I'm running the same tests right now but
without un/mounting /proc in between and it seems to be solid.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Machine Specs:
FreeBSD 4.1-R
Dual PIII600