Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:58:11 +1000
From:      Luke Mitchell <luke@neither.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: rc.d startup

I have exactly the same problem which I haven't been able to resolve.

It seems that some process during boot goes round issuing some form of kill
signal (someone suggested it was HUP, ie re-read config files) to the
programs started at boot.

You could try running 'nohup' in front of you command ie,
"nohup /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin/java infostart &"

nohup basically says ignore HUP signals.

This may work for you, it didn't work for me, but it's worth a try.

Does anyone out there have a better understanding of this phenomena?

Regards
Luke Mitchell