Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:13:49 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@vt.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Acrobat Reader for FreeBSD

Jason Andresen:
 |=)John S. Dyson:
 |=)That I've tried, the Linux version runs OK except that it doesn't generate
 |=)valid postscript.  This is unfortunate when dealing with encrypted PDFs as
 |=)xpdf and ghostscript don't handle encrypted PDFs.
 |=)
 |=)Anyone got a little-known FreeBSD solution for printing encrypted PDFs?
 |=)
 |I think one of the reasons to encypt the PDFs is to prevent people from
 |printing them.  This is one reason why Adobe is reluctant to give out the
 |encryption scheme (IMHO).

Well, you can print them just fine using the Adobe Acrobat Reader on
Solaris, which is what I always end up doing -- waiting until the next work
day and printing to PostScript for hardcopy or for keeping around on my
FreeBSD (home) box for viewing.

Randall Hopper