Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2012 22:26:50 +0100
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

--nextPart3225754.KnKBbpnF0A

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 13:19:51 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2012 12:30:25 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > So, is there a way to do anything like portmaster's +IGNOREME trick=20
with
> > the new pkg stuff?
>=20
> In the portmaster patch I have currently disabled this feature, but I thi=
nk
> I'll try to re-enable it, even if the solution sounds a bit hacky. Better
> than nothing, anyway, for the moment.

Current version from my repository -
https://github.com/xzhavilla/pkgng/blob/master/ports/portmaster.patch
=2D has +IGNOREME working. portmaster -R works too, now. Only packages=20
and file preservation are missing, plus a small part in portmaster -e.

Also, portmaster now sets the "orphan" flag which makes pkg autoremove=20
work. Unfortunately pkg query "%a" is broken in pkgng beta 1, so it's not=20
fully working yet. In addition, since the old package database doesn't stor=
e=20
that information, pkg autoremove will only work with newly installed=20
packages, for the moment.

> > At the moment I'm trying to do 'portmaster -fa' using your patches and
> > pkgng and telling portmaster to make packages of everything it installs.
> >=20
> >  Unfortunately portmaster gets understandably confused when it tries to
> >=20
> > do that with ports-mgmt/pkg...
>=20
> It's a bug in portmaster. I reported it to dougb@, and a fix should be in
> the next version of the patch as soon as I feel submitting it to pkgng
> repository for review.

Can you test my latest version and report, submitting a log if you get an=20
error? Thanks.
=2D-=20
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.