Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 11:34:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        cschuber@orca.gov.bc.ca
Cc:        Thomas J Balfe <tbalfe@tioga.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CA-95:14

On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, Cy Schubert - BCSC Open Systems Group wrote:

> Actually, if you strings /usr/libexec/telnetd | grep LD and it doesn't appear to
> be present you have the problem.  Another test would be to perform the

Yep, because in the fixed versions, there are some strncmp()'s on the
various LD_* strings.

> As far as I could tell in January when I got my 2.1R CDROM, FreeBSD does not
> have the problem.  2.0.5R, however, does.
> Cy Schubert                    OV/VM:  BCSC02(CSCHUBER)

I looked in the CVS repository, this problem is fixed in 2.1.0-RELEASE.
As an added note, it was fixed in the 3.0 version of Slackware Linux also.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================ http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==