Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   suypport for IBM Home and away Modem+ethernet combo card?

I'd like to use my IBM Home and Away PCMCIA adapter (This is a combo 14.4
Modem / Ethernet card) on my laptop.  I don't care about the 14.4 modem
part of the card, all I'm interested in is the Ethernet.

I took a look at the "PAO" package (http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/PAO/) but it
did not mention my card as one of the supported ones.  I also took a look
at the if_ze.c and if_zp.c drivers builtin to the kernel, and they did not
appear to support my card either.

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE.  I can upgrade to 3.0 or whatever if
necessary, but I'd rather not (transferring it over PLIP is a major pain!)

Incidentally, there is a Linux driver for this card, which works rather
well (I ran Linux before I discovered FreeBSD, and I'd rather not go back
to it -- I like FreeBSD better! :) )

Please respond by email if possible.  Thanks!

Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.