Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:46:35 +0100
From:      "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dynamic DNS and DHCPD

Hi

Got it all working - well it does from windows machines but not FreeBSD
boxes.  Windows machines get there address and register with the DNS
server - very neat.  The FreeBSD gets the address and sets up the rest of
the config - like the dns server ip address and the domain suffix but they
fail to register with the DNS server.

Oh have tried a static IP address on one FreeBSD box and I get the following
message

04-Apr-2002 11:32:18.186 security: info: approved AXFR from
[192.168.0.2].1038 for "gdmckee.local"

and the DCHP way I get nothing in the log files at all.

Many thanks

Gordon