Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:12:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ppp/dsl

For the Canadians among us, here are specific instructions for using
Sympatico HSE with FreeBSD

http://www.sympaticousers.org/faq/freebsd_howto.htm

+--- forwarded msg from Scott

Thanks to whomever you were for replying with a solution. Thanks to
blasted MS windows and outlook crashing, I lost your message along with
much other important and dear mail.

I resolved the dsl/ppp problem. I decided to scrap the roaring penguin
pppoe program and went back to the config files. I realized freebsd was
looking at /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, not /etc/ppp.conf. I could swear I'd seen
the latter in previous examples I'd been following, oh well. So I copied
the file to the correct place, and finally got error messages that made
sense. I tweaked it a little using a hodgepodge of examples. Now I'm
flying along with DSL.

Thanks to you and the others who've posted their steps/config files for
this.

I'm really impressed with and enjoying freebsd. Hopefuly soon I will be
good enough in it to totally leave linux/windows.

+--- forwarded msg from Scott

--
Steve Tremblett
Cisco Systems