Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:29:58 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Robert Fitzpatrick <lists@webtent.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a USB serial port

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:25:25 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>I have a Keyspan USB serial port on my FreeBSD 6.1 box and trying to=20
>connect from a Linux box to the machine. I'm using minicom and not sure=20
>of the settings that should be used. I see the following in dmesg...
>That seems to do the trick with my other BSD servers that have regular=20
>serial ports, but minicom doesn't want to find it using 9600 8N1 =
settings.

Hi,
	Not sure if the keyspan is suported or not.  But if it is
recognized, it should show up via=20
usbdevs=20

e.g.
% usbdevs=20
addr 1: OHCI root hub, ATI
addr 1: OHCI root hub, ATI
 addr 2: USB FAST SERIAL ADAPTER, FTDI
addr 1: EHCI root hub, ATI

Take a look at the man pages for ucom and the various drivers that
support it. =20

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994