Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:45:23 +1000
From:      Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
To:        Ken Key <key@Network-Alchemy.COM>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, key@cips.nokia.COM
Subject:   Re: Vaio PCG-XG9 Problem (info included this time)

Ken, (and others who made suggestions!)

Thanks for the various tips - the notebook's main pair of slots have always
worked fine, it was just the docking station port which didn't; but I have
found the solution!

It was actually very simple, and I think I was trying to be too clever:

pcic0: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 irq 11 drq 0 on isa0
pcic0: management irq 11
pcic0: Polling mode (forced in pcic.c prt 4/12/2000)
stat is 33
stat is 33
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pcic1: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 irq 10 on isa0
pcic1: management irq 10
pcic1: Polling mode (forced in pcic.c prt 4/12/2000)
stat is 33
pccard2: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic1

The thing that threw me off course which is now very obvious is that pcic0
drives the on-board slots 0/1 and pcic1 drives the docking station slot,
2.  It was a case of uncommenting the original pcic1 line in the kernel
config and assigning an irq.

Now as you guessed, I had precisely two interrupts left to play with, and
assigning one of them to the controller meant that I could only plug in one
pcmcia card anyway, regardless of my new found slot!  However, as a proof
of concept, it works fine...

The "(forced in pcic...)" message was added to pcic.c by me, when I
modified the code to always go into polling mode (to remind me later on if
I had to debug some other bizzare problem that I'd fiddled with the code) -
the Ricoh's only seem to work properly ie: detect card insert / eject and
function when the card is in if there is an interrupt assigned, and polling
mode is enabled :(

Thanks very much for the help - shame about the lack of irqs really.

--
Paul