Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 10:14:51 -0400
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic during openoffice build with libkse

On Fri, 30 May 2003 09:34:20 -0400 (EDT)
Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > My box didn't survive the nightly build. After I woke up, the
> > box had rebooted. Unfortunatly I have no dump. I just restarted
> > my box (UP, 686 PIV, 2,4Ghz, 1GB ram).
> >
> > If I can reproduce the problem we will see if it is kse related.
>
> Note that libkse won't reboot your machine, especially since
> your just compiling with it :-)
>
> There's some kernel bogons lurking...

Well, Martin compiles and _runs compiled tools during the office build.
So libkse can reboot the machine :)

BTW, I can reliably crash libkse programs on a SMP box using a trivial
code snippet. It looks like kernel is trying to lock an uninitialized or
freed mutes and dies with trap 12 while holding a sched_lock spinlock.
Not a pretty sight. The offending line is kern_mutex.c:598. Sorry, no
backtrace yet thanks to schedlock.

I will try to gather more details tonight.

--
Alexander Kabaev