Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 09:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mbar@netcom.com (Matthew Barker)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Really nice work.

I wanna thank someone (multiple) for the really fine job that was done in
making the setup and install of FreeBSD V2.0 exceptionally easy.
Especially when compared with Linux - the subject of more than a few
wasted evenings.  I needed to be able to work sometimes at home and had
been through the wringer with Linux, trying to get it to recognise things
at new port addresses or new IRQs or even just to get one of the many
distributions to install without a hitch.  The FreeBSD install was very
nearly of the quality I'd expect from a commercial product!  Also, when
it came to configuring my mouse at an odd address, the kernel
configuration file was the picture of ease, as well as allowing much more
tolerance of variation in port/irq/drq for the various cards than the
rather constrained Linux.

I have a question about the MAKEDEV script, where it creates /dev/mouse
as a symbolic link to the actual mouse device (mse* or pse*), the link
that is being created, in my case, is /dev/mouse -> /dev/mouse
I've not had a chance to investigate further, but if it is something, I'd
really appreciate a point in the right direction.

Matthew Barker (mbar@netcom.com)