Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/14104: DISTFILES name clash between release/Makefile and bsd.port.mk

The following reply was made to PR misc/14104; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: 17 Oct 1999 19:00:46 -0500

 On further experimentation, this is a problem even if DISTFILES is
 specified on the make command line.  Using tcsh as my shell, though I
 doubt that it matters.

 em:/usr/src/release# make release DISTFILES=/usr/rel-dist RELEASETAG=RELENG_3 CHROOTDIR=/usr/release
 [some hours pass]
 Making docs...
 ===>  Extracting for docproj-1.1
 >> No MD5 checksum file.
 ===>  Patching for docproj-1.1
 ===>  Configuring for docproj-1.1
 ===>  Installing for docproj-1.1
 ===>   docproj-1.1 depends on executable: instant - not found
 ===>    Verifying install for instant in /usr/ports/textproc/sgmlformat
 >> /usr/rel-dist doesn't seem to exist on this system.
 >> Attempting to fetch from http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/ports/distfiles/.
 fetch: /usr/rel-dist: fallout.campusview.indiana.edu: HTTP server returned error code 404
 >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
 fetch: skipping double slash in FTP URL; see man page or RFC1738.
 fetch: ftp.FreeBSD.org: usr: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
 >> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
 >> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
 *** Error code 1

 Stop.