Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:36:18 -0900
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net>, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Subject:   Re: Zend Optimizer support for FreeBSD 7

On Thursday 29 January 2009 08:31:42 Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > another "professional" company that can't take 10 minutes to recompile.
> > funny ;)

It might not be that easy. For a 'cross-platform scripting language', you
program for the largest common denominator and dive into specifics for
exceptions and where interfaces are broken/very badly performing.

For an "optimizer", aimed at improving performance, you dive into the nitty
gritty of the OS to use the fastest working solution. So it may not be "just
recompiling".

> I already replied and mentioned that it is ironic since the official
> php.net site is even using FreeBSD :)
>
> I also reminded that FreeBSD is NOT a yet another Linux distribution. I
> think he didnt even know what is FreeBSD. Weird eh?

Poor you. Asking the sales department technical questions ;)

> Plus, ionCube already provided FreeBSD 7 64bit binaries... Probably we
> should all switch to ionCube heh :)

And also www/eaccelerator in ports.