Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 1995 00:33:21 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-hackers%freebsd.org@xenix.elvisti.kiev.ua
Subject:   Localization stuff?

Hello FreeBSD wizards and hackers,

I have a simple question to you.

I'm using 1.1.5 and I'm not going to upgrade soon;
anyway, for my work I need (and not only me) the complete
localization kit, not only LC_CTYPE, but LC_COLLATE and company,
too.

In 1.1.5's libc I found only a kind of template for everything
but LC_CTYPE. I contacted the author of Linux' locale,
Nickolay Saukh, and he permitted to use his locale kit
with FreeBSD. But after I've got it, I discovered that
this package is based on SysV's locale, and is differs
_much_ from the ideas found in FreeBSD library sources.

My questions are:

	Is the development of the localization kit going on?
	What's the current state of this development?
	Whom should I contact?
--

	With best wishes -- Andrew Stesin, Elvisti.Kiev.UA sysadmin.